One of my favorite old signs hanging over my grandparent’s rec-room bar. It’s just so…dumb. And kinda sassy. Sort of the opposite of high-brow.
So, yeah, what does that have to do with anything?
Well, I suspect it’s a good indication of what I find amusing. I’m a middle-aged suburban Mom who also happens to be a full-time working partner in a marketing firm in the Loop. I have two entertaining (code for somewhat weird) children at home and about 40 20+ somethings that sometimes act like children at work. Oh, and I’m married to a career firefighter – which is probably good perspective because when something goes wrong for me at work, it’s probably pretty trivial compared to his worst day at work.
Despite my constant proclamations of how uncool and dull I am, I do have these somewhat interesting tidbits that provide an acceptable level of small talk:
- * I live in a 100+ year old Octagon house
- * I grew up on the far Southwest Side of Chicago (this is very important to some people, including me)
- * At one point I owned a dog I loved so much we had a pacemaker put in her (no her name was NOT Dick Cheney)
- * My bohemian-emulating parents used a drawer as my first bed and I toured Europe with them in a VW camper for three months as an infant
- * I consider politics more of a blood sport (what can I say? I grew up in Chicago)
And that’s about it. There’s way more, but I’m already sick of reading and I suspect you are too. I do hope that you find something of interest here. Thanks for taking the time to visit.